Healthy Snacks for Teens and Healthy Snacks for Weight Loss
Saturday’s Topic: Healthy Snacks for Teens
15 Smart Snacks
- Apple slices with raisins and a slice of low-fat cheddar cheese.
- Celery stalk with light cream cheese
- Hummus with carrots and red peppers.
- Pistachio Nuts, Brazil Nuts, or macadamias, pecans, pine nuts, cashews
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips
- Banana Nut Toast (see recipe )
- Cut up vegetables with low fat yogurt dressing.
- Whole grain cinnamon pita chips
- Healthy Smoothies
- Grilled Veggie Kabobs or Sandwich
- Bell Pepper Candy
- Kale Chips
Spicy And Sweet Roasted Chickpeas
- Oatmeal – See Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Rosemary Roasted Walnuts
The trick here is to use spicings (or hot sauce, cayenne pepper) to LIVEN things up a bit. Using cayenne pepper and garlic is very healthful for you. And I think you’ll be glad to know that onions are too.
You can sautee onions — but sometimes using them in their RAW state can be tasty, too. On a sandwich, or as a garnish on the side (Green onion).
Speaking of sandwiches, I wanted to mention that the California Grilled Veggie sandwich above is quite flavorful .. it is on focaccia bread, for one thing. Additionally, there is garlic & olive oil on the sandwich (and the Feta cheese lends some “zip” to this snack too).
Not to mention the crisp Red Onion you’ll adorn yr sandwich with!
Certainly, there are more healthy snacks for you teens that are worth mentioning – for instance, the Chili-Lime Pumpkin seeds …or Dried Apple snacks
If you happen to be at home and want a soup, why not try Low-Calorie Slow Cooker recipes? You’re bound to find something that make your TASTE BUDS tingle !!
(If you follow the above Link, you’ll find a nice Minestrone Soup recipe, as well as a lasagna slow cooker recipe, 2 chicken recipes [Sesame Chix & Artichoke Chix], cabbage rolls recipe, Slow Cooker Broccoli, & 2 BEEF stews.)
If you desire some healthy snacks for weight loss, you can check out Skinnyms.com. For healthy smoothies, visit my Healthy Smoothies videos .
Good Luck in your strive for good health – Jan Ashby